Trade Marks & Designs
Leah is a bilingual (English - French) Trade Mark Formalities Manager and Paralegal with fifteen years' experience in the legal sector, the last twelve years being in brand protection. She has significant experience in domain name and international trade mark and design portfolio management for major clients in various sectors including fashion, food and beverage, pharmaceutical and a multinational car rental business. Her work includes the filing and prosecution of UK, EU and international trade marks. She also assists in providing commercial advice relating to brand protection and the day-to-day management of clients’ portfolios.
- Assisting in provision of advice for filing strategies and preparing cost estimates for filing programs.
- Filing and prosecution of UK, EU and International (WIPO) trade mark and design applications through to registration and liaising with local agents in relation to national applications worldwide.
- Renewal and maintenance of clients’ global trade mark and design portfolios, including annual maintenance certificates and cautionary notices.
- Recordal of assignments, licences, security interests and other proprietor changes at the appropriate Trade Mark and Designs Registries and instructing local agents in foreign jurisdictions.
- Setting up worldwide trade mark watching, reviewing watch notices and drafting advice to clients on chances of success in opposing potentially conflicting marks.
- Assisting in preparation and filing of opposition, cancellation and revocation actions and compiling evidence as required.
- Domain name portfolio management, including registering and renewing domain names through relevant agents and/or Registrars.
- Taking full responsibility for the client portfolio management database (WebTMS) including monitoring deadlines and working with attorneys to ensure that deadlines are met in a timely manner.
Leah studied French Linguistics at the Sorbonne University (Paris III) before moving to London. She joined the trade mark and brand protection group of Fieldfisher in 2004 where her career progressed to Trade Mark Paralegal. She then took up a Trade Mark Paralegal role at Rouse in 2011 before joining Redd as Trade Mark Formalities Manager in 2014.
Leah is a member of the Institute of Trade Mark Attorneys (ITMA) and has completed the ITMA Formalities Course.
t: +44 (0) 20 7776 4760